Better Living Health and Community Services will be temporarily closing all its operating locations for Adult Day Programs, community programs and Group Exercise and Falls Prevention, effective 12:01 a.m. on Saturday, March 14, 2020.
Your health and well-being is our priority and this decision comes as public health officials are taking precautionary actions to reduce the spread of the COVID-19 virus, including recommendations for social distancing in order to slow the rate of transmission of COVID-19 and help protect vulnerable populations.
At this time, our facilities will remain closed until Sunday April 5, 2020 aligning with Ministry of Education closures and the closures of all City of Toronto child care centres, recreation centres, arenas, ski hills, libraries and museums.
We appreciate your understanding and patience, and we look forward to welcoming you back to our programs soon.
Visitor Changes to our Homes
- Better Living at Thompson House – only those visiting Residents who are ill or require end-of-life care are permitted to visit as per the Ministry of Health. Visitors will be screened prior to entering the home.
- Margaret Bahen Hospice – we recommend that visitors only visit Residents if essential. Visitors will be screened prior to entering the home.
Cancelled Programs & Services
- Adult Day Program – Please contact our office if you require any additional supports in the home
- Better Living Community Centre Programs
- Community Hospice Services – Volunteer visits are occurring virtually over the phone
- 5 Deauville Lane Programs
- Community Fitness and Falls Prevention Classes
- Facility rentals
- Hike for Hospice – Postponed until September 2020
- Stroll Roll and Run – Postponed until September 2020
- 1 Overland Drive – Better Living Community Centre Programs
- 29 Gervais Drive
- 5 Deauville Lane
- Doane House Hospice
Community Support Services
At this time there are no changes to the services that you receive in your home. As well we are still operating our Meals on Wheels Programs at 1 Overland Drive and 80 Sheppard Avenue West.