We made the decision to temporarily close our community centres on March 14, 2020. This included programs at 1 Overland Drive and 5 Deauville Lane. This decision came as public health officials advised everyone to take precautionary actions to reduce the spread of the COVID-19 virus. This included recommendations for social distancing in order to slow the rate of transmission of COVID-19 and to help protect our vulnerable population.
Initially we aligned our closure date to Sunday April 5, 2020 with public school closures and the closures of many parks and recreation programming. Unfortunately, with the spread of the virus at the community level and we are extending our temporary closures and program changes until further notice.
During this time, we will continue to align our operations with the directives from our health authorities, and will keep you updated as we learn more information. We appreciate your understanding and patience, and we look forward to welcoming you back to our programs soon.
Visitor Changes to Better Living at Thompson House and Margaret Bahen Hospice
- Better Living at Thompson House – only those visiting Residents who are ill or require end-of-life care are permitted to visit as per the Ministry of Health. Visitors will be screened prior to entering the home.
- Margaret Bahen Hospice – at this time only one approved visitor will be permitted per Resident. Visitors will be screened prior to entering the home.
Cancelled Onsite Programs & Services
- Adult Day Program onsite at 1 Overland Drive – Please contact our office if you require any additional supports in the home
- Better Living Community Centre onsite programs at 1 Overland Drive – Virtual Programs options are available
- Caregiver Support Groups onsite at all locations
- Community Group Exercise and Falls Prevention onsite programs located throughout the community
- Community Programs onsite at 5 Deauville Lane
- Community Fitness and Falls Prevention onsite classes located throughout the community
- Facility rentals at all locations
- Grief and Bereavement Support Groups at all locations
- Membership Programs onsite at 1 Overland Drive – Virtual Programs options are available
- Hike for Hospice – Postponed until September 2020
- Stroll Roll and Run – Postponed until September 2020
- 1 Overland Drive – Better Living Community Centre Programs
- 29 Gervais Drive
- 5 Deauville Lane
- Doane House Hospice
We continue to provide essential services to our Clients during this time and will continue to evaluate our program offerings in alignment with the province’s reopening framework. While we have had to and/or may need to modify many of our program and service offerings, below is a list of programs and services we continue to deliver to ensure that we can support your essential needs. It is important to note that there may be modifications in the way that services are normally delivered to ensure the health and well-being of you and our staff;
- Adult Day Program – In-Home Respite Visits to current Adult Day Program Clients
- Better Living Community Centre (Membership) – Daily virtual active living programs
- Bereavement Support – Virtual Counselling Services
- Case Management and Social Work Support – Being done via phone
- Community Hospice – Virtual Visiting Services
- Friendly Visiting – Virtual Visiting Services
- Grocery Delivery
- Home Maintenance Services – Lawn and Garden Care and Essential Home Maintenance and Repair Services
- Home Support Services – Regular Home Support Services to resume on June 15th, 2020 (There is a wait list for new Home Support clients)
- Meals on Wheels
- Medication Reminders and Prescription Pick up/Delivery
- PalCare Education Services – hosting virtual education sessions
- Personal Support Services
- Transportation Services – essential medical rides and grocery shopping
- Wellness Checks – regular check in calls to see how you are doing
We understand that these are extraordinary times and we are here to support you. If you require anything, please let us know. We are here for you. firstname.lastname@example.org
416-447-7244 ext. 541
Last updated Tuesday June 04, 2020 at 9:00 a.m.