We made the decision to temporarily close our community centres on March 14, 2020. This included programs at 1 Overland Drive and 5 Deauville Lane. This decision came as public health officials advised everyone to take precautionary actions to reduce the spread of the COVID-19 virus. This included recommendations for social distancing in order to slow the rate of transmission of COVID-19 and to help protect our vulnerable population.
Initially we aligned our closure date to Sunday April 5, 2020 with public school closures and the closures of many parks and recreation programming. Unfortunately, with the spread of the virus at the community level and we are extending our temporary closures and program changes until further notice.
During this time, we will continue to align our operations with the directives from our health authorities, and will keep you updated as we learn more information. We appreciate your understanding and patience, and we look forward to welcoming you back to our programs soon.
Visitor Changes to Better Living at Thompson House and Margaret Bahen Hospice
- Better Living at Thompson House – only those visiting Residents who are ill or require end-of-life care are permitted to visit as per the Ministry of Health. Visitors will be screened prior to entering the home.
- Margaret Bahen Hospice – at this time only one approved visitor will be permitted per Resident. Visitors will be screened prior to entering the home.
Cancelled Programs & Services
- Adult Day Program at 1 Overland Drive – Please contact our office if you require any additional supports in the home
- Better Living Community Centre Programs
- Caregiver Support Groups at all locations
- Community Group Exercise and Falls Prevention Programs located throughout the community
- Community Hospice Services – Volunteer visits are occurring virtually over the phone
- Community Programs at 5 Deauville Lane
- Community Fitness and Falls Prevention Classes
- Facility rentals
- Friendly Visiting Programs – Volunteer visits are occurring virtually over the phone
- Grief and Bereavement Support Groups at all locations
- Home Maintenance Services
- Home Support Services
- Membership Programs at 1 Overland Drive – Virtual Programs options are available
- Hike for Hospice – Postponed until September 2020
- Stroll Roll and Run – Postponed until September 2020
- 1 Overland Drive – Better Living Community Centre Programs
- 29 Gervais Drive
- 5 Deauville Lane
- Doane House Hospice
The following services have been modified to introduce virtual program options for you while at home;
- Adult Day Programs
- Case Management
- Community Hospice
- Friendly Visiting
- Grief and Bereavement Support
- Membership Programs
We understand that these are extraordinary times and we are here to support you. If you require anything, please let us know. We are here for you.
416-447-7244 ext. 541
Last updated Tuesday April 07, 2020 at 11:30 p.m.