The 2019 Novel Coronavirus is a respiratory infection which can range from mild to severe. Symptoms include fever, cough and difficulty breathing, to more serious such as pneumonia, kidney failure and in some cases death.
While the situation in China continues to grow and more countries have confirmed cases, the situation in Canada is currently stable and the risk to the public remains very low.
Better Living is monitoring the situation surrounding the Coronavirus and would like to keep you in the loop on our activities to date.
To ensure that you, our Clients/Residents, and families all remain safe we have a dedicated team working to monitor the situation and ensuring our readiness.
The most effective way to prevent the spread of germs that cause respiratory illnesses is to take these every day precautions:
- Thoroughly wash your hands with soap and water
- Wipe and sanitize your everyday appliances
- Ensure you are sneezing and coughing in your sleeve
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- Stay alert and avoid contact with people who are sick
- Stay home and rest if you are sick
If you experience any symptoms, we strongly advise that you visit your family doctor.
Better Living will be providing ongoing updates as needed. If you require any further information, the province of Ontario has created a dedicated website.
Thank you for your cooperation.