GiveShop is a marketplace app that allows you to buy and sell items in your community, with the proceeds going towards the charity of your choice.
We are excited to announce that we have a Virtual Garage Sale on GiveShop!
Better Living Health & Community Services and Better Living at Thompson House has entered a team into a Virtual Garage Sale fundraising campaign that kicks off on August 19th and runs until September 30th.
The interesting twist on this initiative is that we’re not asking anyone to donate any cash! Instead we’re asking everyone to head to their basements, garages, attics or storage units and find a couple of quality items that you’re willing to part with. GiveShop offers users the ability to either donate or purchase gently-used items, with the proceeds supporting Better Living.
Charities benefit from the proceeds of the items being sold on the marketplace. Donors of items sold on the marketplace receive a tax receipt. Buyers can make purchases with the knowledge that they are supporting a great cause! And we all help the environment by repurposing items that would otherwise end up in a landfill or sit in our basements, garages, attics and storage units gathering dust forever! It’s a true win-win-win-win situation!
If you’re interested (and we really hope you are!), there are a few easy steps to follow:
- Visit www.giveshop.ca by desktop or download the GiveShop app on iOS or Google Play to set up your free profile – it only takes a couple of minutes.
- Post an item or two on the GiveShop marketplace. Be sure to link your items to Better Living Health & Community Services team by clicking on the Campaign button and selecting “Better Living Charitable Foundation”. Then select the team “Better Living Health & Community Services”.
- Browse the product listings for great bargains, knowing that every purchase will benefit a great cause.
- Donors and buyers communicate with one another privately within the GiveShop platform. Everything from communicating about item details, negotiating on price, making arrangements to view and pick up the item and even making the final secure payment is all done seamlessly through GiveShop!
- Keep checking your inbox for regular updates on our campaign progress.
It’s time to clear some space in your home while raising money for Better Living Health and Community Services and Better Living at Thompson House!
Questions or comments? Email us at [email protected]