WHAT IS COVID-19?
COVID-19 (Novel Coronavirus) is a respiratory infection which can range from mild to severe. Symptoms include;
- difficulty breathing
We are monitoring the situation surrounding COVID-19 very closely and would like to keep you in the loop on our activities. To ensure that you, our Clients, Residents, and families, all remain safe we have a dedicated Emergency Management Team working to monitor the situation and ensuring our readiness.
HOW CAN I PROTECT MYSELF AND OTHERS?
The following everyday precautions can help you reduce the spread of COVID-19:
- Thoroughly wash your hands with soap and water often
- Wipe and sanitize your everyday high usage items
- Ensure you are sneezing and coughing into your sleeve
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- Avoid contact with people who are sick
- Practice social distancing, 2 meters (6 feet) is best
- Stay home and rest if you are sick
If you experience any symptoms or think you may have been exposed to COVID-19:
- Call Telehealth Ontario Toll-free: 1-866-797-0000 or Toll-free TTY: 1-866-797-0007
- Call your primary care provider; or
- Contact your local public health unit
if it is a medical emergency call 911 immediately
Prior to each visit in the community we will actively screen all Clients and other people living in the home. Our employees will ask our current screening questions about possible exposure to COVID-19 prior to starting service and at each visit.
CURRENT ACTIVE SCREENING QUESTIONS
- Do you/anyone in your household have a new/worse cough or shortness of breath?
- Are you/anyone in your household feeling feverish, or had shakes or chills within the last 24 hours? (fever >38 degrees Celsius)?
- A. Have you/anyone in your household travelled outside of Canada in the last 14 days?
B. Have you/anyone in your household had close contact with a person with symptoms who has travelled outside of Canada in the last 14 days
WILL THERE BE FURTHER SERVICE CANCELLATIONS?
As new information becomes available, we may need to make the difficult decision to cancel some of our services in an effort to keep all Clients, Residents and staff safe and healthy. We will keep you informed and let you know of any changes should they arise. Please contact your Service Coordinator if you have any questions related to this information or require any additional supports.
WHERE CAN I LEARN MORE ABOUT COVID-19 AND HOW TO PROTECT MYSELF?
Only refer to reputable information sources to learn more about COVID-19, we’ve provided some of the sources we use below.
- Ontario Ministry of Health
- Public Health Ontario
- Toronto Public Health
- North York Toronto Health Partners
- Public Health Agency of Canada – COVID-19
- Public Health Agency of Canada – Travel Advice
Fact Sheets for Clients, Residents and Caregivers
- Ministry of Health – Self Assessment
- What is Social Distancing
- How to self-monitor – COVID-19
- How to self-isolate – COVID-19
- How to guide for isolation-Caregivers and Close Contacts – COVID-19
- What you need to know to help you and your family stay healthy
- Ministry of Health Information Sheets in Multiple Languages
Guidance Documents for Healthcare Workers
- Ministry of Health – Guidance Documents
- Putting on Full Personal Protective Equipment
- Taking off Full Personal Protective Equipment
- How to Hand Rub with Sanitizer
- How to Hand Wash
- How to Minimize the Spread of COVID-19 to You and Your Loved Ones